Rishikesh Uttarakhand Travel Guide
Overview of Rishikesh
Rishikesh Uttarakhand is one of the most sacred pilgrimage sites in India, Rishikesh is famous as the ‘Gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas’ of Uttarakhand and the ‘Yoga Capital of the World’. In Rishikesh locals as well as foreign tourists visit this place in search of spirituality and peace. The city is surrounded by beautiful lush green forests.
Rishikesh Situated at an altitude of 1360 feet above sea level, Rishikesh is a very beautiful city situated on the banks of the Ganges. This city is indeed a wonderful place to spend your holidays, in this city you will find everything that can make your vacation memorable and wonderful.
You will find many more things to see and do in Rishikesh like beautiful surroundings, camping along the banks of the Ganges, adventures, serenity, and beautiful resorts where you can stay and enjoy the spectacular view of Rishikesh.
Rishikesh Uttarakhand is also considered the gateway to Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri. The city is situated at a distance of 20 km from Haridwar and 105 km from Dehradun.
Why Rishikesh is famous?
- Rishikesh Uttarakhand is famous for river rafting
- Famous for temples
- Famous for Ganga Aarti
- Famous for yoga centers
- Famous for camping
- Famous for the ashram
- Famous for peace
- Lakshman is famous for the swing
- Rishikesh is famous for the beginning of the Char Dham Yatra (Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath, Badrinath).
Best Time to Visit Rishikesh?
The best time to visit Rishikesh is between February to May. At this time, most tourists come to visit Rishikesh.
Information about Rishikesh Temperature
- The temperature of Rishikesh Uttarakhand ranges from 8 degrees to 30 degrees between October to February.
- Between March and May, the temperature here ranges from 14 degrees to 38 degrees.
- Between June and September, the temperature here ranges from 24 degrees to 35 degrees.
Top 5 Adventures in Rishikesh?
- River rafting
- Bungee jumping
- Mountain Cycling
- Zip Line
What is the best time for rafting in Rishikesh?
The best time to do river rafting in Rishikesh is from June to March, during which time Rishikesh gets early summer. That’s why this time is considered the best.
Because at this time the temperature of the Ganges water is not very cold and you can enjoy rafting very well. At this time the temperature of Rishikesh rises to 30 to 35 degrees.
How much does it cost to do river rafting in Rishikesh – Rishikesh Rafting Price?
Rishikesh Rafting Fee Per Person
- The cost of rafting 8 km from Brahmapuri to Rishikesh will be Rs 600.
- The fee for rafting 16 km from Shivpuri to Rishikesh will be Rs 1000.
- The fee for rafting 26 km from Marine Drive to Rishikesh will be Rs 1500.
- Rafting 35 km from Kaudiyala to Rishikesh will cost Rs 2500.
When can we do river rafting in Rishikesh?
Between March and May, all river rafting activity continues. By all, I mean all the roads are open from 9 km to 35 km and this season is best for doing rafting.
In the month of June, you can only do 9 km and 16 km rafting and from July to August all river rafting activities are stopped. And from September to November again all river rafting is opened.
How to Reach Delhi To Rishikesh?
Rishikesh Uttarakhand is the easiest to reach, to reach Rishikesh you have to reach Delhi’s ISBT bus stand, from here you will get the Volvo AC bus for Rishikesh very easily, this bus will take you from Delhi to Rishikesh in 5 hours. The distance from Delhi to Rishikesh is 263 km.
The nearest railway station to Rishikesh Uttarakhand is Haridwar. The distance from Haridwar to Rishikesh is about 25 km. Haridwar is well connected to major Indian cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Lucknow, and Varanasi.
There are also some popular trains like Shatabdi Express, Jan Shatabdi, AC Special Express, and Mussoorie Express, all these trains are also available for Haridwar.
Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the nearest airport to Rishikesh. Which is situated at a distance of approximately 35 km from Rishikesh. From here you can easily reach Rishikesh with the help of a taxi.
After Rishikesh, you must visit these beautiful places
- Queen of Hills Mussoorie – Mussoorie
- Chopta – Mini Switzerland of Uttarakhand – Chopta
- Dhanaulti Uttarakhand – Dhanaulti Hill Station
- Kanatal Uttarakhand – Kanatal Hill station
- Valley of Flowers
- Tungnath Chandrashila – Tungnath & Chandrashila
- Best place to Visit in India